Hiring: PATRIR Administrative & EU Projects Assistant
Full-time position, start date as soon as possible, remote & onsite in Cluj-Napoca
Deadline to apply: April 13, 2021 | Apply to [email protected] with CV and Motivation Letter.
Please only apply if you have read the description in full and your previous experience is suitable for the role. Only applications sent via email and including a CV and Letter of Motivation will be taken into consideration!
Core areas: Administrative Management, Processes & systems, Team Management. Project implementation and reporting, Planning & organising events, Problem Solving, Communication.
PATRIR is looking for a highly organized ‘Administrative & EU Projects Assistant‘ who will work as direct Assistant to the President and Office Manager of PATRIR while offering help and administrative support to the Institute’s major local and European projects. The position is similar to ‘Office Manager’ and will play a key role assisting project teams and overall management and work of the Institute. You will be a Core Team Member of PATRIR – one of the most dynamic Institutes in the country contributing to addressing social needs and improving governance and democracy in Romania, a wide-range of programmes across the European Union, and peacebuilding and violence prevention internationally. For this reason, we are looking for someone who can make a commitment to taking up the role for 3 – 5 years, with possibility for extension beyond.
You will work in a dynamic and active workplace with a strong commitment to employee well-being and a respect-based office, and with significant opportunities for personal and professional development PATRIR is an Institute which places well-being of colleagues, and doing work that matters and has an impact – on our community and in the world – at our core. We’re looking for someone who will be part of this mission, who wants to do work that matters and that they believe in, and who will bring their experience, capability and aspirations to play a key role in shaping the work of the Institute through the coming years.
To be considered for this position candidates must have the following competencies:
- Be fluent, both verbal and in written, in Romanian and English. Knowledge of Hungarian or Romani are highly valued;
- Preferably have 2 – 4 years previous experience in an office management / administrative position. Candidates must prove exceptional commitment and qualifications from previous jobs, to be considered. If you lack this prior experience but can show an exceptional level of capability and motivation you are still encouraged to apply;
- Efficiency in management, planning and implementation of tasks and responsibilities, very good time management. These are essential qualities;
- Proven experience/capacity for planning and coordination events;
- Excellent ‘people skills’ for interacting with colleagues, partners and visitors of the Institute; Professionalism, Customer Service;
- Excellent attention to details and ability to multi-task when needed;
- Recordkeeping, identifying systemic issues, accuracy, written and oral communication, approachability;
- Experience in HR processes (recruitment, onboarding, staff evaluation) is a big plus;
- Skill or passion in designing programmes, project management or grant writing is also greatly appreciated;
- A University degree (Bachelor or Master degree), preferably in European Studies, Management, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work.
creativity, honesty, reliability, resilience, sincerity, healthy communication, process management, problem-solving, optimisation, team player.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support operations by maintaining office systems and supporting project teams;
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, assisting correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and assisting supply requisitions;
- Support historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records;
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement;
- Help design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments including process improvements;
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends;
- Offer support with all finance relevant documents and budgets for the Financial Officer or each Project Manager;
- Organize events, manage calendars and reminders;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the job description fully and ONLY apply if it is relevant for you and you have the required experience and expertise.
- Send a CV and ‘Motivation Letter’ to [email protected] with the subject ‘Administrative & EU Project Assistant’ followed by your name.
Please note: Applications on FB will not be considered. Only applications sent to [email protected] and including both your CV and Motivation Letter will be considered.
Hiring Requirement: The position is open for applicants who are already located and with right to work in the EU. Priority is given to applicants from or able to move to Cluj-Napoca, Romania, however other applications from within the EU – which meet all other requirements – will be considered.
Due to high numbers of applications we are only able to reply to applicants who meet the hiring requirements for this position.