Recruiting: Research Internship for Professional Competencies Certification – Legal Background Required
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to contribute to a leading European project. Legal studies / expertise are required.
PATRIR is recruiting 1 to 2 excellent candidates for a Professional Development Certification and internship opportunity. The selected candidates will engage on a major European research initiative as part of a European Commission supported consortium project. Additionally, candidates will receive coaching, research guidance, and a Professional Development Competency Certification upon completion. The position may also be turned into a full-time paid position.
The internship will take place within the Institute’s European programme line focusing on support to:
- EU judges and prosecutors to pronounce informed decision sentencings on cases of radicalization
- Prison and probation staff in the execution of sentences through a coherent set of programmes and an integrated flow of information
Only serious applications which meet the qualification requirements will be considered
Professional Development Certification: Legal Support Internships
|Location||Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Work from home location is also an option as the position is primarily research-based.|
|Contract period||3 – 4 weeks with possibility of extension|
|Schedule||We are looking for an active engagement in this period. Exact hours will be agreed with the candidate(s)|
|Planned starting date||As soon as possible|
- Contribute to development of a comprehensive Handbook for Front-Line Prison and Probation Practitioners containing multidisciplinary and multiagency methodologies to design and execute individual rehabilitation programs for vulnerable targets of inmates under observation for radical behaviours or crimes and design a strategy to effectively deal with such cases
- Prepare legal research focused on extremism and radicalization at national and European levels
- Analyse in depth the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights and the European Convention of Human Rights as well as Jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights on radicalization.
- Research literature, reports, data and indicators on multidisciplinary and multiagency methodologies available to prison and probation staff
- Research individual rehabilitation programs for inmates under observation for radical behaviours or crimes
Candidates have the opportunity to
- Receive a Professional Competencies Certification from the Institute upon completion
- contribute to and receive credit and citation in a leading EU publication that will be disseminated to key state institutions, the public, and political stakeholders and ministerial staff
- Gain practical knowledge and professional work experience and references that will help your future work and career
- Work with one of the leading international organisations that engages in Cluj and globally in support of peace, good governance, and improving the quality and well-being of people’s lives
- Be part of a superb team bringing together colleagues from Romania and around the world, where your ideas and contributions will be valued and respected, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow together with others, be mentored, and be inspired by the people you work with
- Benefit from coaching and team development initiatives
We are looking for candidates with the following profile
- Studies in Law, namely Criminal Law, Human Rights, European Law and/or Comparative Law
- Strong research and writing / drafting skills
- English at an advanced level (knowledge of Romanian is an advantage though not required)
- Highly focused, organized and responsible
- Good time-management and ability to work under pressure
If you have qualifications / experience outside of these areas but are strongly motivated to apply, we encourage you to do so. Excellent applications will be reviewed.
Candidates that both:
- Meet the requirements or have outstanding applications
- Make it to the 2nd round of the recruitment process
Will be contacted directly.
How to apply
In order to apply, please direct an e-mail with your CV and motivation letter to Bruna Antonio with the subject line ‘Application for the position of Legal Support Intern‘ and send it to [email protected]. We are looking to begin the position immediately.