Search: Leading Jewish & Muslim Organisations in Europe
We are implementing a search for leading Jewish and Muslim organisations in Europe working to tackle and address anti-semitism and anti-muslim attitudes, behaviour and sentiments. Ideally, we would like to find organisations active in the celebration and promotion of jewish and muslim identity and culture in Europe.
We are developing a project which will work to:
- Identify and tackle rising anti-semitism and anti-muslim attitudes and behaviours in Europe
- Improve understanding of the prejudices and discrimination faced by Jewish and Muslim communities in Europe
- Improve understanding and remembrance of the holocaust – what made it possible and its impact on the Jewish people
- Celebrate and promote Jewish and Muslim culture and their integral role in Europe historically, today and in the future
- Develop practical and effective measures – working with civil society, governments, law enforcement agencies, schools and religious communities to directly tackle and challenge discrimination
We are looking for credible organisations that are active, engaged, and have capacity to address these issues well – in their countries or at a pan-European level. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
To send proposals, please write to:
Social Inclusion & Community Peace Programme Officer
Empowering INclusive Communities in Europe – REC Consortium & Grant Development Team
Peace Action, Training and Research Institute of Romania (PATRIR)
+40 (0)264 420 298