Description of project:
The project primary purpose is to prevent extremism, radicalization, and polarisation that can lead to violence through more effective social and education policies and interventions that target at-risk groups to be performed through the establishment of a holistic framework and the engagement\involvement of social actors, local communities, civil society, and policymakers. It aims to capture and explore contemporary experiences of extremism and radicalization and proposes concrete actions, policies, and digital tools that will empower policy actors and practitioners to respond to a changing reality. There are 15 organizations and institutions taking part in the project from Italy, Romania, Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Greece, France, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Poland.
– to develop a holistic multidimensional model based on participatory fieldwork and a mixed-method approach
– analyzing and discussing through an action research strategy involving young people in a different side of Europe the socio psychologic mechanisms that lead to extremism, radicalization, and polarisation
– to identify future perspectives and trends of hate speech, extremism, and radicalization
– developing communicative tools, education approaches, and community-based strategies
– to improve the awareness of young people and communities as well as the society as a whole
– to realize databases and a systematic set of indexes and early-warnings
– developing a set of policies recommendations with the participation of stakeholders, policy-makers, and targets
Photo from the Kick-Off Meeting of PARTICIPATION on December 18th 2020.