Description of project
INDEED aims to strengthen the knowledge, capabilities, and skills of PVE/CVE and De-radicalisation first-line practitioners and policymakers in designing, planning, implementing, and evaluating initiatives in the field, based on an evidence-based approach. INDEED builds from the state-of-the-art, utilizing the scientific and practical strengths of recent activities – enhancing them with complementary features to drive advancements and curb a growing rise of radical views and violent behavior threatening security. The project counts 19 partner organizations, institutions, and first-line practitioners from 15 countries.
- To acquire comprehensive knowledge on evidence-based research and practices, including approaches, methods, and tools used across evaluation approaches in various disciplines, specifically in the field of PVE / CVE / Deradicalization and other crime prevention areas
- To strengthen first-line practitioners’ and policy makers’ knowledge on the evaluation of PVE / CVE and De-radicalization initiatives, plus the processes of designing, planning, and implementing these measures by offering dedicated practical training and guidance materials
- To engage with first-line practitioners and policy makers, including Stakeholder Multisector Anti-Radicalization Teams (SMART Hubs), in order to identify their gaps and gather experiences and requirements in the process of evaluating PVE / CVE / and De-radicalization initiatives; plus, the processes related to the successful design, planning, and implementation of the corresponding initiatives.
- To create and maintain (throughout the project, with a plan to exploit following the project) a Toolkit for practitioners and policy makers that provides a user-friendly medium which highlights the critical aspects required to introduce and sustain successful evaluation- based initiatives enabling the continued development of PVE / CVE and De-radicalization initiatives.
- To contribute to the ongoing and future policies and security strategies in the field of preventing, counteracting and de-radicalization by developing policy recommendations for evaluation with the involvement of first-line practitioners, policy makers and civil society organizations.