Raising the sustainability of development work in Egypt: The creation of context sensitive enterprises (4EST)
The main aim of the project is the development of a core group of Egyptian social enterprises, NGOs and supporting incubators/ hubs with the capacity of designing projects with a higher degree of sustainable social impact, through enhancing their community, project and organizational context sensitivity.
The project will:
- Implement a series of mapping and measuring activities, through which to assess the context sensitivity profile of selected project fellows
- Design and implement a series of intensive training programs
- Take the selected project fellows through a set of tasks, which will enhance their hand-on skills in context sensitive project development
The project will support the project fellows and its larger target group by:
- Developing a short handbook of how to design context sensitive projects
- Developing a whiteboard animation video,
Raising awareness of the need for and importance of context sensitive social enterprises and NGOs.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are: staff and collaborators of NGOs, social enterprises, start-ups, and their representatives from Egypt; staff and collaborators of Egyptian consultancy organizational focusing on the field of development; staff and collaborators of incubators and support hubs for Egyptian social enterprises and start-ups. The selected representatives of the target group directly involved in the project will be called “project fellows”. The indirect beneficiaries include the wider community of NGOs and social enterprises of Egypt and the MENA region, and donors of these entities in the MENA region, which will be able to access/ use the developed project outputs in their own activities, and take part/ use the developed context sensitivity training curriculum for their own capacity building purposes.
- Mapping process of socio-economic problems that communities are confronted with, looking at root causes, effects, drivers, blockers and current strategies to address them
- Tool development:
- Context Sensitivity Measuring Tool
- How To Guide for Development of Context Sensitive Community Initiatives and Social Entrepreneurship projects
- Advanced Impact Learning Fellowship: Capacity building for project fellows:
- Intensive training programs for project fellows targeting their context sensitive project development capacity
- Differentiated, hands-on tasks implementation period for project fellows
- Awareness raising: whiteboard animation video development – raising awareness of the importance and need of context sensitive social enterprises